Tasmania West 2017
Hobart to Devonport
Sunday 26 February, 2017 to Sunday 05 March, 2017
After our hugely successful RACV Resorts Ride in Victoria in 2016, we have decided to do it all over again, this time in Tasmania. In February 2017 we are riding both Tasmania East (16-24 Feb) and West (26Feb-5Mar), stopping at 3 world class RACT Destinations to spend a total of 5 nights at these top class accommodation properties. Join us on one stage or do the double.
On the second leg of this trip (West Coast) you have the opportunity to visit the world-renowned MONA Gallery the day before departure, and stay at our beautiful pre tour accommodation overlooking the harbour. Beginning the tour we cycle west from Hobart to explore some of the most breathtaking and stunning countryside in the world. Voted as number 2 on Lonely Planet’s ‘World’s Best Cycling Routes‘, this Western Tasmania ride is the pick of the bunch on the world stage, yet it is right on our doorstep, and it won’t take you long to see why it is rated so highly. The rivers, bridges, hills, forests, lakes, and wildlife will give you plenty to look at while enjoying the quaint townships and interesting characters that you will come across along the way. Enjoy top class accommodation (including 3 nights at RACT Destinations Accommodation), whether it be on the waters edge or cradled deep in the veins of spectacular mountain ranges, you will love it all as you make your way on two wheels around this wonderful island state.
Don’t miss out on this rare opportunity to join a famous AllTrails Tassie Tour – come on your own or get together with friends or cycling club – it really is a beautiful place to ride your bike. Come on, let’s go!
BONUS: Mates Rates Group Discounts. Group discounts for 3 or more cyclists.
Quicklink to Tassie East (Launceston to Hobart) here.
|Tasmania West Coast RACT Resorts Ride 2017|
|Dates:||Sun 26 Feb – Sun 5 Mar 2017|
|Duration:||8 days, 7 nights 7 actual ride days. 1 rest day|
|Ave. Daily:||76 km / day|
|Bike Type:||Road Bike pref or Hybrid, Mountain Bike|
|Group Size:||20 approx|
|Accom.:||Exclusive RACT accom + quality motels & BnBs|
|Meals:||Most meals some morn & afternoon teas|
|Price:||This ride has passed|
- Fully accommodated and supported ride
- Small group environment with great camaraderie
- Spectacular scenery as your roadside companion
- Great climbs and thrilling downhills through Tasmania’s wilderness
- The best bicycle tour company in the industry (have a read through our testimonials page)
- Top 10 Cities List: Hobart voted #7
- Pre tour accommodation (Hobart) overlooking the harbour
- The short boardwalk to the beautiful Franklin River
- Lake St Claire walk
- Queenstown, a historic copper town set in a moon landscape
- Queenstown’s infamous ‘Gravel’ Football Oval
- Rest Day at RACT Strahan Village
- Strahan & Macquarie Harbour and the surrounding World Heritage Area
- The Round Earth Company play at the Strahan Ampitheatre
- Chalet at Tullah overlooking Lake Rosebery
- See Cradle Mountain & Dove Lake walk (2.5hrs)
- The much admired Sheffield murals
- OPTIONAL: Gordon River Cruises
- OPTIONAL: West Coast Wilderness Railway day trip
- OPTIONAL: World famous MONA Gallery, one of Australia’s most talked about attractions
- OPTIONAL: Derwent Bridge’s “Wall in the Wilderness”
- OPTIONAL: Day ride to the top of Mt Wellington (Hobart)
Ride to morning tea, have a chat and a snack. Ride to lunch, talk about the route and scenery and meet some more people. Ride to a great motel and enjoy afternoon tea and a hot shower. Relax in the afternoon before an entertaining evening briefing and dinner & drinks. Hit the bed and recharge for another exciting day tomorrow.
Riders who participate in these ‘point to point’ tours enjoy great camaraderie, sharing laughs and a sense of achievement with their fellow cyclists, knowing that the AllTrails expert preparation of the tour allows them to sit back and relax and enjoy every part of this cycling holiday.
This Tassie West ride has an average distance of 76km/day which is quite achievable for most keen cyclists, however do expect a few hills – Tasmania is not flat! You do not need to be a particularly fast rider – just consistent, averaging 20-25km on a flat road. We will have a support vehicle for any cyclist who may need help getting up some of the hills or for any other reason. We will also be nominating a few drop-off points on the toughest days where cyclists can miss a few of the big climbs if they wish, and will have a few longer routes for riders who may want to go a bit faster, further or higher.
If you have any questions or concerns about the distance please study the map which also shows the elevation profile and contact us. We also have a general training plan which we send to all cyclists coming on the ride. Also check out our Tassie East ride.